Friday, December 31, 2010

Cyclobenzaprine And Hydrocodone

The Mochi experience

Last spring, Leonora was in Lisbon. In a large shopping center, where there are several ethnic shops, found in selling the city's Japanese mochi. Who does not know what are the mochi, I can quickly say that I pallotte of boiled rice and beaten in the land of the rising sun wear traditional New Year's Day. These, in particular, had a filling with azuki beans, kidney beans or both.

Before giving me the precious cibaria, Leonora (who likes to make things right) has put the candy in the mouth of a friend who has recently visited Japan. The verdict was that the difference between a mochi wrapped and a craft is roughly what we can find between a croissant and a bar packaged in a box of pastries from the supermarket ... Well, not exactly the same thing, but there is still a degree of reliability.
curious note is that the main peculiarity of mochi (and also factor in his lack of enthusiasm on the part of my next Western / tasters) is its consistency is absolutely indescribable. I'd like a rubbery marshmallow, but more "substance".
This peculiarity makes it a dangerous food, I would say, because the pescepalla: we were told that the fact I January, while we do the counting of injured New Year's Eve fireworks in Japan do count .. . Of the dead suffocated mochi (generally, people do not own more spry age)!

However, for those of you who are thinking this is off topic a note to today's intellectual day, you might be right. But, after all, is just to go in 2011 with a touch of irony: Leonora zealously led me to try the mochi because ... That 's right, in honor of these sweets, called my dog!

And here he is, which, happily, tastes his namesakes: the mochi Mochi's tasting!
Happy New Year to everyone from the White Death!

0 comments:

Post a Comment