Monday, December 27, 2010

Gold Plated Desert Eagle

Monique: "I can walk again! !

The Netherlands Monique Van Der Vorst, for years the best nell'handbike, going through a particular: paralyzed in the legs and in a wheelchair since he was 13 years, has taken over these days to walk, regaining the use of his legs without any scientific explanation.
You the 26 year old Paralympic champion in the Games that Beijing has won two silver medals in the individual time trial and in the online handcycle.

the Dutch blonde was diagnosed with irreversible paralysis when he was 13 years underwent operation after an injury SUSTAINED while playing hockey on grass, the doctors were wrong to intervene and she was initially paralyzed leg left after a year and also to the right. After a period of depression caused from happening to the girl had been to revive the sport.

"Sport has given me self-esteem, I started to think about what I could do, and not to my limitations. "

whole 2010 was spent preparing for the London 2012, two incidents have changed his life. In March he had collided with a teammate in practice, the impact he had dropped his bike and she had told him that he began to feel tingling in the legs.

"I was very sad I thought that this would prevent me from having to prepare for London. "

In June, the second incident and was training road had been hit by a car, who was diagnosed with a spinal cord injury, but the tingling in the legs was increased.

"Within days I began to suffer, they were no longer insensitive. "

beginning this new change has upset Monique, who agreed with the difficulty and effort of having to abandon the dream of gold at the upcoming Paralympic Games, but that does not stop her: after a long and difficult period of rehabilitation has started to move my legs and now announces enthusiastic

"I'm back on your feet! For me now starting a new challenge. I do not know where or when it will end, but I will succeed and come back again to run. "

now dreams of competing at the Olympics in London, but in the meantime would be happy to participate "by the common athlete" Ironman triathlon, which has already taken part (being able to finish it) as a Paralympic athlete.
On its website , under the announcement that he started walking, there's the quote that feels most right now:

"This does not kill me, make me stronger! ", Friedrich Nietzsche


0 comments:

Post a Comment